Thursday, March 24, 2011

Beauty and the Blog--The True Story

I am Beauty. Well, at least that is who I am for this blog. The truth is that this is my pen name--or blog name, or what-have-you and that I am actually someone else. I am a writer. A writer who has stopped working temporarily to do something I value more than my name on the spine of a book. I have stopped working as a writer for the moment to work on me as a person.

The reasons for this are many and varied, but the main one was (and is) I just needed to embrace myself and take my weary, worn-out body and soul and mind and put my metaphoric arms around myself. I needed to love myself again and act like it in my thoughts and deeds. I had at one time or another lost my way. And you know the thing I have noticed about a lost way is that it seems to grow, a lost way becomes its own living, breathing thing--it becomes huge. For me it was loss and pain and emotions and frustrations and fear and a bunch of other things. It was a touch of laziness and procrastination and slipping into habits that were really, quite frankly, destructive. I had become quietly destructive--self destructive.

Not the big in-your-face sort of self destruction that makes headlines. I didn't try to "off" myself, I didn't take to frequenting some dive bar and sitting on a bar stool soused. No, I took to letting go of myself by inches, becoming fatter and unhealthier and more covered in my own lack of will to change. I was sinking inside myself, inside walls of unhappiness and fat. And I wouldn't have been able to clearly ascertain that, not if you held up a large check to motivate me. What finally motivated me was fear and loss.

So, gentle reader, just a little heads-up. I am not going to spill it for you all here in this post, but entice you. I will tell my story in snippets and in between ramble on with wit and potential clarity about other interesting topics that should hopefully amuse us. ("Us" being the you-and-I involved in personal transformation on any level.) I hope you find yourself here, or at the very least, have a moment or two of fun.

Love--

Beauty

3 comments:

  1. Okay, Beauty. I really need something like this. I've never been interested in reading Blogs previously, so here I am a "virgin" so-to-speak. I need to do something about my body too before it gets called away to its "just" reward!

    Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya Beauty. I just received some blood test results, high cholestral and trigycerides, that to me means to many fat cells running around my body. Time to drop 20!

    I look forward to sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beauty...I can't wait to follow your journey. I think that everyone should find a way to feel comfortable in their own skin and to find their own truth. It has definitely taken me years to get closer to that goal with a lot of setbacks. I admire your motivation to stick to a fitness program (which I could definitely do more of).

    ReplyDelete