Friday, July 22, 2011

The Powerful Green Drink

Camp Chad has some very strange elements for the uninitiated. The most intense one being the Green Drink. Every morning upon arising participants in the camp are given a concoction of parsley, kale, limes, ginger, apples and cucumbers that has been blended to a frothy consistency. The goal is to take this green drink and "power it" or basically tip your head back and pretend you're a college freshman with a beer bong. It tastes odd--like you have ingested the contents of your lawn mower's clipping bag--very organic, tangy, incredibly fresh and strangely appealing.

Now the weird thing is (and we are about to get very graphic for those with tender sensibilities) this whole process acts like the most intense colon cleanse of your life. A while ago I purchased an over-the-counter colon cleanse that people in the fitness industry are always talking about and it did absolutely nothing for me except make me feel I had wasted a few weeks and a hundred dollars. This green drink, on the other hand, works like crazy. I felt as if my entire system was suddenly being purified. The insides of my digestive track released years of toxic waste. I was informed that it could have been, in addition to toxins, even "parasites." That seems a little hard to digest. But in any event, something has definitely started to happen.

What has started to happen is that I feel lighter. My abdomen feels like it is more compact, healthier and less bloated. My attitude, which is always pretty good, is soaring. Even with the get lag and an infection I have been dealing with I feel my body getting healthier.

I feel like at sometimes in my life I have been a scoffer, but there is no value in scoffing. What I feel like now is that I want to be open to experience. I am beginning to see that I can feel great. I can become someone who feels physically wonderful, happy to be in my body and gloriously alive. It's a strange and happy thought to think I can control this--I can change how I feel and the experience I have in my body on earth.

Maybe the green drink is the fruit of the Garden of Eden without all the penalties--just the joy and the sweetness. I think there's a good chance of that.

I hope you have a moment of pure pleasure and peace today. More adventures to follow...

And--cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment